Wednesday, February 12, 2020

The 1986 Listening Post - Throwing Muses - Throwing Muses

Throwing Muses - Throwing Muses



#405/2084
September 20 1986
Throwing Muses
Throwing Muses
Genre: Post-Punk
2.75 out of 5


Highlights:
Green

One of my favorite names in the pantheon of rock, I’d never pursued listening to Throwing Muses. Which is weird because I had such an aural crush on Tanya Donnelly. “Hey Gepetto” was one of the few Cassingles I’ve ever purchased. 
This record…what does it say that the song I like the best is “Green”? The only one written by Donnelly. 
Knowing that these are voices that are going to be important to the next decade’s sound I can’t help but hear Siouxie Sioux’s & Yoko Ono’s influence all over it. It’s interesting to me that Kristen Hersh lists The Raincoats as an influence. I hear a LOT of that, but not good Raincoats. A lot of Odyshape Raincoats, which I can’t stand. 
I wish I liked this but I just think the music in Hersh’s head is not the music that I want to hear. 


 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MwAShC1rnI&list=PLFiDLMMNKCxUpEVDGGvEyO-utH5R95SPX

No comments: