Tuesday, February 11, 2020

The 1986 Listening Post - Love & Rockets - Express

Love & Rockets - Express




#382/2062
September 15 1986
Love & Rockets
Express
Genre: Alternative
4.5 out of 5

Highlights:
Kundalini Express
All In My Mind (both versions)
Yin and Yang (The Flowerpot Man)


As much as I’ve gone on and on about my adoration of their NEXT record, one would have thunk I might’ve gone back into L&R’s catalog but I’m just not built that way. 
If something’s great, getting me to buy their earlier stuff is a long shot and hooking me to their next one is subject to my capriciousness. 
The sound I loved on Earth, Sun, Moon is forming here. They are really beginning to understand how to commercialize that industrial sound of their past. (The acoustic “All in My Mind” is something I imagine Pink Floyd fans could bring themselves to love).





No comments: