Wednesday, February 12, 2020

The 1986 Listening Post - A-Ha - Scoundrel Days

A-Ha - Scoundrel Days



#424/2103
October 6 1986
A-Ha
Scoundrel Days
Genre: Synth Rock
3.5 out of 5


Highlights:
Scoundrel Days
Cry Wolf



I think this is actually an improvement over Hunting. There isn’t a timeless pop hit the likes of “Take On Me” but everything is much more assured. They keep the Bowie-esque attempts at being arty alive while shooting for that big 80s Arena sound. 
I’d tell a story about how I had a chance to see A-Ha in concert in 1987 when I was visiting friends in California and they had an extra ticket but I didn’t because I was thinking, “Why are you going to A-Ha of all bands??”. So, I just hung out in their apartment because I didn’t have enough money to actually do anything. 
There’s much more embarrassing stuff in this story than I’m telling but an A-Ha review isn’t the place to tell it. 



No comments: