Wednesday, February 12, 2020

The 1986 Listening Post - New Model Army - The Ghost of Cain

New Model Army - The Ghost of Cain


#402/2081 LISTENING POST DISCOVERY
September 1 1986
New Model Army
The Ghost of Cain
Genre: What the Clash should have been
4.75 out of 5




Highlights:
The Hunt
Lights Go Out
51st State
All of This
Heroes


One of the massive discoveries of this project for me has been New Model Army, a band that should have been much much bigger than they were. A next step from punk, assertive and catchy, groovy and danceable but not to the point of Big Audio Dynamite, NMA has teeth and they are sharp. 
I love this record, I love that I dot to discover them 30+ years later and marvel at how, three records in a row they have remained virtually anonymous but killer. 
Honestly, I want to keep this going just to watch New Model Army keep pressing on. They put out a new album last year and the one before that was hailed as one of their best. 


No comments: