Friday, February 21, 2020

The 1986 Listening Post - Crime and the City Solution - Room of Lights

Crime and the City Solution - Room of Lights



#452/2102
October 27 1986
Crime and the City Solution
Room of Lights
Genre: What would The Doors sounds like in 86?
4.25 out of 5

Highlights:
Hey Sinkiller
Six Bells Chime
her Room of Lights (For Lisa)

This belongs in that category that I toss Nick Cave in of music that should really be a soundtrack to some terrific but offbeat Off Off Broadway play. It’s dank and moody and the lead singer sounds like Jim Morrison. 
It’s dynamic but not bombastic and, to be honest, some of it, like “Hey Sinkiller” are more ominous than anything Glenn Danzig was able to put out. It’s downright scary. 

I went with friends to the Ziegfeld to see the Wim Wenders film Wings of Desire. It was packed. Like PACKED! We had to sit separately, if memory serves. 
I remember there being a band but I never pursued who they were because I was held captive by the rest of the movie, it’s themes, it’s presentation, it’s beauty.
THIS is the band! I’m grateful to have caught up to them again through this project. 
I’m not sure I wanna hear any more from them lest I try to leap off the same ledge upon which Bruno Ganz was perched. 



No comments: