Wednesday, February 12, 2020

The 1986 Listening Post - Paul Young - Between Two Fires

Paul Young - Between Two Fires



#440/2119
October 20 1986
Paul Young
Between Two Fires
Genre: MOR
3.25 out of 5


Highlights:
Wonderland
Between Two Fires


80s rock is littered with guys like Paul Young. I often liken them to American Idol performers. They aren’t really all that edge cutting. They are inoffensive. That they managed to scrape out a career from uninteresting album pop is an achievement unto itself and I am loath to condemn it considering, hell, I didn’t do it. 
This album is the sound of that era. Every track could be the closing credit track to an 80s Rom-Com (looking at you, specifically, “Wonderland”). This kind of programmer is the price I pay to get to the really good stuff of the era. I suppose it has its fans. 
Lemme put it this way, I could cook dinner to this record. 




No comments: