Tuesday, February 11, 2020

The 1986 Listening Post - David Sylvian - Gone to Earth

David Sylvian - Gone to Earth



#380/2060
September 13 1986
David Sylvian
Gone to Earth
Genre: Experimental/Ambient
1.25 out of 5



I thought Brilliant Trees was not good. 
I hated Alchemy even more and made a case that we shouldn’t even be covering it. 
Now, almost as though he knew how I was feeling, David Sylvian gives us a DOUBLE fucking record of his nonsensical garble. 
The “songs” are bad. 
The entire 2nd album is AMBIENT fucking music and he’s not good at it. 
It’s like he said, “Oh, yeah, Brian? I can do that, too!” 
Except he can’t. 
I’ve never issued an edict but, here we are, three albums into David Sylvian’s solo career and I am not listening to any more from him. 

Go away, David. 




No comments: