Wednesday, February 12, 2020

The 1986 Listening Post - The Mice - Scooter






#413/2092 LISTENING POST DISCOVERY
1986 Housekeeping
The Mice 
Scooter
Genre: Power Pop/Punk 
4.75 out of 5



Highlights:
Bye Bye Kitty Cat
Second Best
When Tiffany Cries
Ancient Mystery
More Than I Can Talk About

When I think about being young I think about hubris. I think about that feeling that young people often dance, sing, write, compete, woo, like their feet are in fire. At least that’s how I remember being young. Nothing could come fast enough. Patience was for someone else. Live fast, die young, leave a good looking corpse. 
I know that’s why I made a bazillion mistakes and tore through friendships and loves. Like the dual strips of fire left in the wake of a time traveling Delorian. 
We slow down with wisdom and years, right? We find solace and peace in the calm. 
I can never touch that explosive anxiousness again because it doesn’t belong to me anymore. 
But if I could, it would sound like this record. 


No comments: