Tuesday, February 11, 2020

The 1986 Listening Post - Alice Cooper - Constrictor


Alice Cooper - Constrictor


#390/2069
September 22 1986
Alice Cooper
Constrictor
Genre: Glam Rock
3.25 out of 5


Highlights:
Thrill My Gorilla
Crawlin’


When I was in high school I had a friend named, Jeff from the neighboring town. We used to get together as a group, most from acting class, and watch movies at his house. Well, I was there a couple times. he had been really freaked out by Friday the 13th. If you said, “Ch-ch-ch-Ah-Ah-Ah” to him, he would freak out. 
He should not listen to “He’s Back”, which is a song on this album that was written for Friday the 13th part 45 and uses that vocal motif. 

I do not understand Alice Cooper. But I know why I don’t. This projected starts, ostensibly, with 1978. There are no reviews for the 900+ records that I listened to from 78-82 because I was just listening, rating, moving on. It wasn’t until I made it into a public project that I started reviewing. What this means is, I missed the glory days of Alice. He didn’t make the chart until about 8 records in and, by then, his output was weak glam rock trash. 
But at least this time he gives it a college glam try. 

I could go back to 1969 and listen to the very first Alice Cooper records but I’m all about moving forward and, in the spirit of The Listening Post, had I come to Alice at this point in time, I would say, “I do not Understand Alice Cooper.”





No comments: