Wednesday, February 12, 2020

The 1986 Listening Post - Andy White - Rave On Andy White

Andy White - Rave On Andy White



#437/2116
October 14 1986
Andy White
Rave On Andy White
Genre: A Busker with a Band
4.5 out of 5


Highlights:
The Soldier’s Sash
Reality Row
Religious Persuasion
Tuesday Apocalypse #13

The entire time I was listening to this I was thinking that it was some terrific production, for what is essentially a Billy Bragg style of singer/songwriter. But, with a band instead of just Billy on the Underground platform. 
The guy has talent, that’s for damned sure, but I get why I’ve never heard of him, despite the fact that he’s been putting out albums since this one all the way to last year, I’m not sure any of his stuff translates much outside of his sphere. 
I’m grateful for streaming, though, as it gives me the opportunity to hear someone like Andy. 





No comments: