Wednesday, February 12, 2020

The 1986 Listening Post - Bruce Gilbert - The Shivering Man

Bruce Gilbert - The Shivering Man



#414/2093
1986 Housekeeping
Bruce Gilbert
The Shivering Man
Genre: Noise
2.25 out of 5

Highlights:
Eline Cout II

I don’t really know much about Gilbert. He’s prolific as hell. And You’d think I’d know him because of Wire. But, weirdly, Wire is one of those bands that was idolized by the likes of REM, who even covered a Wire song, that I couldn’t have been less inclined to chase down. And when i did, like Pink Flag, I really didn’t care for it.
So, this record…
When I was listening on the plane ride from Vancouver to Victoria I was shocked at how a 35 minute flight could feel like 2 hours. 
The only note I made during the record was: Audio epilepsy.



No comments: