Friday, March 6, 2020

The 1986 Listening Post - The Windbreakers - Run

The Windbreakers - Run


#476/2126
1986 Housekeeping
The Windbreakers
Run
Genre: Jangle Pop
4 out of 5 (based on half the record)

Highlights:
Run

Normally, if we only have 1/2 an album’s worth of material I will pass on it as it’s not a fair representation of the record. But, when I saw the description as “Power Pop” you know imma jump on that shit. 
This is a pristine example of Jangle Power Pop of the 80s and, to be honest, I don’t know why I’ve never heard of them. There’s a line you can draw from The Nerves through the Windbreakers and not miss a beat. Given what’s going on in the Paisley Revival of the 80s I’m certain that this could have moved a couple units on College Radio. But, they are in history’s dustbin. 
What we heard here is excellent. Wish I had the whole record. 


YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M_9rspS_ig&list=PLBJ7ztNazTVCZUJ48ES8I9lER1cDCTR8n  

No comments: