Wednesday, March 11, 2020

The 1986 Listening Post - Hidden Charms - History

Hidden Charms - History


#538 LISTENING POST DISCOVERY
1986 Housekeeping
Hidden Charms
History
Genre: Paisley Garage
4.25 out of 5



Highlights:
Why Worry ‘Bout Tomorrow
History
Paradise



Here’s another one that NO one seems to know about.
A Swedish garage band that was too late to break in America but must have been an influence on those bands I loved from about 14 years later: The Helicopters, Sewergrooves, Flaming Sideburns and the like. 
I don’t know what it is about this stuff that hits me in the right place but, boy, do I dig it. This is the kind of record I would have hoped to find in the dollar bin and brought back to the dorm and played a few times then decide that I was a fan and I was probably the only fan and I would have felt pretty smug about that. Sort of how I felt about One the Juggler. 

No comments: