Wednesday, March 11, 2020

The 1986 Listening Post - Hard-Ons - Smell My Finger

Hard-Ons - Smell My Finger


#526
November 1986
Hard-Ons
Smell My Finger
Genre: Garage Punk
3.75 out of 5


Highlights:
Wog Food

Requisite 80s Cover: “Then I Kissed Her”. Pretty much what you’d expect from a punk version. Faster and in a race to get to the end without really adding too much to the song. Every punk band had one of these, why should the Hard Ons?


Can someone tell me the difference between a “mini album” and an “ep”? I ask because we have a strict “No EPs” rule here at the Listening Post and this record is 20 minutes long. 
But, if I eschewed it on those grounds I would have missed out on a tasty spin of straight-to-the-point garage rockers. 
These guys are years too late cuz they would have fit nicely on a Rocket to Russia era Ramones tour. 
It’s good stuff.

No comments: