Wednesday, March 11, 2020

The 1986 Listening Post - Til Tuesday - Welcome Home

Til Tuesday - Welcome Home


#493/2142
Til Tuesday
Welcome Home
Genre: Power Pop (yeah, that’s what this is...)
3.5 out of 5

Highlights:
Coming Up Close
David Denies



I’m not a big Aimee Mann fan. Her eyes give me the heebees. I mean look at her. It’s like a combination judgment and shock. And admonition. 
That aside, I don’t know why I didn’t give her the time of day. I loved the movie Magnolia and her music in that, especially. 
I thought Voices Carry was perfectly fine. Nothing special. 
They’ve ditched whatever New Waviness from that record in favor of more conventional and approachable rock and roll. And that’s all for the better. 
We’re almost never think of Z power Pop when we listen to female voices in rock but, that’s what this is. Melodic Rock. (I wonder if I’ll feel the same way when we get to Liz Phair...) Can’t you hear Jellyfish playing “On Sunday”? I can. 


No comments: