Saturday, March 21, 2020

The 1986 Listening Post - Kraftwerk - Techno Pop

Kraftwerk - Techno Pop


#557
December 16 1986
Kraftwerk
Techno Pop
Genre: Kraftwerk
2.75 out of 5



It took me four days to get back to this after the first two tracks. It’s not bad, it’s just banal. 
My favorite thing about Kraftwerk is that it’s the favorite band of a guy I worked with once. A man who has exemplary taste in music and started his own vinyl label of techno music and, while he was in the bathroom I asked the table at dinner to just follow my lead. When I saw him returning I started talking about a band that was “derivative” and basically stealing ideas from Bowie and Numan. He looked around, trying to figure out what we were talking about. Then I mentioned that they were German and wrote music about ridiculous things like “the autobahn”. 
He nearly jumped across the table. 
That was fun. 

No comments: