Friday, March 6, 2020

The 1986 Listening Post - Ozric Tentacles - There is Nothing

Ozric Tentacles - There is Nothing



#486/2135
1986 Housekeeping
Ozric Tentacles
There is Nothing
Genre: Instrumental Prog
4 out of 5



Highlights:
The Sacred Turf
Invisible Carpet



Does anybody remember the WPLJ radio show “Headsets”? If memory serves, it was a show dedicated to playing music that worked best with a set of headphones (and most likely a mid altering substance). Certainly, had they acquired this cassette only release they would have played it in it’s entirety. 
This is the soundtrack for planetariums. 
I’m usually loathe to include instrumental records but once this started I couldn’t stop it. 
I’m not sure this is something we will pursue at The Listening Post, since instrumental records is out of the mission statement but this was a tasty diversion. I even enjoyed the dub/raga “Kola B’pep”.
Now, if you’ll excuse me…I have a family to disappear from for a while…

No comments: