Wednesday, March 11, 2020

The 1986 Listening Post - The Kinks - Think Visual

The Kinks - Think Visual


#501
November 17 1986
The Kinks
Think Visual
Genre: Rock
2.75 out of5


Lowlights:
Welcome to Sleazy Town

I’m not really well versed in my Kinks. I loved Low Budget and parts of the follow ups but, for the most part, I have found that what Ray Davies put out during this era is a collection of songs, some good, some great, some okay, some not so good. Like that’s a bad thing…
The opener sounds more like John Mellencamp than what I know of The Kinks. But, maybe Mellencamp has always really sounded like The Kinks? I dunno. I like the confessional aspect of that tune but, after that? Biting hard on “Misunderstanding” almost feels like they are trolling Genesis on “Welcome to Sleazy Town”. 
This is weak tea. 



No comments: