Wednesday, March 11, 2020

The 1986 Listening Post - The The - Infected

The The - Infected


#500/I’ve stopped the running total since I got lost…
November 17 1986
The The
Infected
Genre: Dance Rock
3.75 Out of 5




Highlights:
Infected




I have been really looking forward to this one. You can search the review of Soul Mining and see what a treat that album was to discover. Before I started cataloging “Discoveries” I would just extol the album in the review. I had hoped that Matt Johnson would be able to at least keep up what he was up to on that release. The The is its own thing. Sometimes it feels like a very angry George Michael (“Out of the Blue”), sometimes it veers heavily into the Peter Gabriel wheelhouse or even what sounds like an attempt at Nick Cave-iness a bit (“Sweet Bird of Truth”).

Sadly, nothing connected with me the way it did on that first record. 

No comments: