Wednesday, March 11, 2020

The 1986 Listening Post - Tesla - Mechanical Resonance

Tesla - Mechanical Resonance


#550              LISTENING POST DISCOVERY
December 8 1986
Tesla
Mechanical Resonance
Genre: VH Rock
4.5 out of 5


Highlights:
EZ Come EZ Go
Comin’ Atcha Live
Rock Me to the Top
Before My Eyes


Requisite 80s cover: Ph.D’s “Little Suzi’s on the Up”. What a terrific choice. I missed Ph.D.. They seem to be right up my alley, though. Were they like a Buggles type of band? Tesla’s version is a love letter to it. It’s great. 

Maybe I should make a new category: Bands I thought came out in the 90s but were actually 80s bands that were either ahead of their time or we just didn’t know about them. Why did I always think of Tesla as a “90s band”?
No matter. This is straight up Van Halen type rock. And it’s really tasty. It’s like Waysted but the songs are more fun.


No comments: