Saturday, March 21, 2020

The 1986 Listening Post - Virginia Wolf - Virginia Wolf

Virginia Wolf - Virginia Wolf



#573
1986 Housekeeping
Virginia Wolf
Virginia Wolf
Genre: The worst kind of music of the 80s
2.75 out of 5





This is a crushing disappointment. Not because of the music. The music is 80s crap And, yes, I made it through. But because with a name like Virginia Wolf I had my hopes up that this would be some 4AD post-rock experimental goth thing and, instead what I got was the type of MOR synth rock that is every damned soda commercial of the era. 
How were they not a massive success? This is EXACTLY what passed for hit making in 1986. Listen to “Take a Chance” and tell me that you don’t hear every 80s cliche in there. 
Here’s another band produced by Roger Taylor, proving again that he has no business behind the knobs and features Jason Bonham on drums. 
Did YOU know that Jason Bonham was in a mediocre 80s band before hooking up with Jimmy Page to trade in on his name? I didn’t. 

No comments: