Wednesday, March 11, 2020

The 1986 Listening Post - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Your Funeral...My Trial

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Your Funeral...My Trial


#489/2138
November 3 1986
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
Your Funeral…My Trial
Genre: Alternative
4.5 out of 5

Highlights:
The Carny
Stranger Than Kindness
She Fell Away


One of the most incredible treats of this journey has been the retrospective discovery of Mr. Cave. 
I didn’t care for The Birthday Party. I might have to go back and register after these three Bad Seeds records. 
If Bruce Springsteen is writing songs about hardships of others, at this time, Cave is personalizing those stories and revealing an even darker and more melancholy set of narratives. 
I hate repeating myself but…damn, Tom Waits and Nick Cave could go on tour together and someone could make a fortune selling Xanax outside the venue. 
This is the most challenging of the NC&tBS albums I’ve heard so far. It makes sense that the was addicted to Heroin while working on it. It’s designed to drag you into sorrow. It’s also just as excellent as the previous. Damn. 



No comments: