Tuesday, June 16, 2020

The 1980 Listening Post - The Pop Group - For How Much Longer Do We Tolerate Mass Murder?

The Pop Group - For How Much Longer Do We Tolerate Mass Murder?


#106
March 21 1980
The Pop Group
For How Much Longer Do We Tolerate Mass Murder?
Genre: Post-Rock
1.25 out of 5



One of the revelations on this listening journey was the discovery of how much I enjoy “post-rock”. Not noise, but, rather, Post-Punk, No Wave and the like. 
The ironically named The Pop Group’s Y was one of those discoveries. I was compelled to play it over again during that 1979 listen (how great was 1979 for music, right?). So, when I saw that I missed their follow up, I was excited to spin it. 
I wish it was left off the list. It’s interminable and boring and obnoxious. No wonder they didn’t put anything out after this. It’s terrible. 

No comments: