Thursday, June 25, 2020

The 1980 Listening Post - Kiss - Unmasked

Kiss - Unmasked


#195
by Eli Sitt
May 20 1980
Kiss
Unmasked
Genre: Rawk
Allen’s Rating: 2.5 out of 5
Eli’s Rating: 1 out of 5

Allen's Highlights:
Tomorrow
Talk to Me


Listening Post KISS Unmasked I am not a KISS fan, never have been. After listening to this album twice, I never will be. 1 out of 5. They get 1 point for showing up without masks. I’m wearing a mask, how come they don’t have to? I would rather suffer in silence on my desert island than listen to this record. I would not have bought this record when it was released in 1980. And I will never listen to this again. Opening lyric of first track “Is That You” Cat's droolin' on the bar stool, shake your hips and crack your whips Cheap seventeen and trashed out, you went too far, been a bitch you are Your reputation's in the bathroom, it's on the wall and down the hall That’s more than enough than I can handle. No redeeming qualities, no catchy tunes, completely uninspired musicianship. I guess it has a 1980 sound, but completely flat. The less time I spend thinking about the effort of all those involved in producing this, the better. That’s all I got. It’s a terrible record.

No comments: