Tuesday, June 16, 2020

The 1980 Listening Post - Chrome - Red Exposure

Chrome - Red Exposure


#136
April 5 1980
Chrome
Red Exposure
Genre: Electronimental
1 out of 5




I don’t know what Chrome doesn’t do it for me. I should love this stuff. One thing this project has taught me is how much I enjoy the post-rock, post-everything, sounds of MX-80 and The Pop Group’s Y album and Chumbawumba’s first record (I know, it’s not this but, you know where I’m coming from). 
I also adore Gary Numan and, to an extent, Kraftwerk. And Xex as well. Chrome feels like I should adore them and I just do not. I find them grating and sort of cloyingly desperate to be appreciated. And yet, Damon Edge’s first solo album, years later, was excellent. As was Helios Creed’s solo outing in the mid-80s. 
Clearly these guys needed to be away from each other. 

This might be amazing, it doesn’t hit me where it should. 

https://open.spotify.com/track/5wwbNh9I5r4SAs1P6eis2H?si=oNy_EDQWRfOOHcNsur8uZw

No comments: