Thursday, June 18, 2020

The 1980 Listening Post - The Kings - Are Here


The Kings - Are Here

#161
1980 Housekeeping       LISTENING POST DISCOVERY
The Kings
The Kings Are Here
Genre: Glam
4.25 out of 5


Highlights:
The Beat Goes On
Switching to Glide
It’s Okay
Partyitis
My Habit




This is one of those moments. As soon as “The Beat Goes On” I was hit with a wave of nostalgia. I honestly thought this music was from earlier in the decade. It smacks of Tiger Feet and Mud and Sweet with a touch of Slade. I’m so glad that, 5 years after it was a pretty moribund style, that there were Canadians still pounding it out. Cuz that 1-2 punch of “Beat” and “Switching to Glide” is still dynamite. 
Oh, what’s that? Bob Ezrin produced this? Yeah, makes sense. I think we can all agree; he’s the special sauce that propels that mysterious Canadian deliciousness. 
If you put a gun to my head I could not have named this band. 
Now I will never forget them.

No comments: