Tuesday, June 16, 2020

The 1980 Listening Post - Daryl Hall - Sacred Songs

Daryl Hall - Sacred Songs


#119
by Daniel Irwin
March 1980 
Daryl Hall
Sacred Songs
Genre: Identity Crises, a.k.a. “I wannabe…”
Allen’s Rating: 4 out of 5
Daniel’s Rating: 1 out of 5



The entire album is middle of the road banality.  Little to no originality.  Incredibly forgettable.


Sacred Songs:  “I wannabe either Elton John and/or David Bowie.”  I hate, HATE how much slap is on his vocals.

Something in 4/4 Time:  “I wannabe Billy Joel.”

Babs and Babs:  Interesting baseline, but still, “I wannabe an electronic version of ‘The White Album, Side 3’.”

Urban Landscape:  “I wannabe a test pattern.”

Nycny:  “I wannabe a punk rocker.”  Not horrendous with the driving start.

The Farther Away I am: “I wannabe REALLY be a prog rocker.”

Why Was It So Easy:  Okay, this one isn’t that bad, even if it feels like a half dozen other songs.

Don’t Leave Me Alone: “I wannabe…”

ugh! I can’t do this anymore.  Nothing good comes of the rest of the album.

https://open.spotify.com/album/3U3ZUZfY7AtFTbUGLMPLZz?si=zCqE0dUARRqmpSjQfMLZdQ

No comments: