Tuesday, June 16, 2020

The 1980 Listening Post - Eric Burdon - Darkness Darkness

Eric Burdon - Darkness Darkness


#111
March 1980
Eric Burdon 
Darkness Darkness
Genre: Rock?
2 out of 5


Just as I was jotting notes about this thing, the title track presented me with a celtic middle eight that I was not expecting. It didn’t really help the song which is not written by Burdon. In fact, none of this album is. I thought Burdon was a songwriter, though. Wasn’t he? What is this thing? Not that great rock and roll songs, sometimes bordering on country, paid for by a once well respected nigh protest rocker who has nothing to say and really isn’t that great a singer anyway?
Sounds like it. 
I’ll admit it, I had to stop listening to this at some point to do… you know…life…and completely forgot about it. Then I went back and realized I had heard the whole thing.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNDLd4hho_A&list=PLlvn8uktX5Luz9CktnCK9q1ODUZPjrmHB  (Missing 3 tracks - On The Horizon, Rat Race, and Baby What's Wrong)

No comments: