Friday, August 30, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - Wall of Voodoo - Seven Days in Sammytown

Wall of Voodoo - Seven Days in Sammytown


#432/1067
1985 Housekeeping
Wall of Voodoo
Seven Days in Sammytown
Genre: Alternative/New Wave
3.75 out of 5


Highlights:
Far Side of Crazy

I don’t recall Wall of Voodoo sounding this…accessible. 
But that’s because this isn’t really a WoV album, is it? 
Ridgeway is gone. Nanini is gone. 
If you like the old Wall of Voodoo sound (which I do not) it’s captured in a sense on a couple tracks, “The Business of Love” and “Big City” & “Tragic Vaudeville” (which I really liked) . However the other tracks, like “Far Side of Crazy” &”Room with a View” & “Dark as the Dungeon” which are more, as I said, mainstream or conventional New Wave, are also more to my liking. I will now refund your subscription to this page, if you prefer. 


No comments: