Saturday, August 10, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - Blancmange - Believe You Me

Blancmange - Believe You Me


#382/1018
October 4 1985
Blancmange
Believe You Me
Genre: SynthPop
2.75 out of 5

Highlights:
Other Animals

I went through an Erasure phase. This was because my girlfriend at the time LOVED that one album of theirs that was a huge hit and so I bought a bunch of Erasure albums from Ameoba for, like, nothing, and then burned CDs for her. This was the last gasp of LP - CD burning. Around early 2000. It brought me back to making mix-tapes. A tedious process that was made even more tedious with CDs.
But I did it and I had to listen to a LOT of Erasure at the time. 
This is cut rate Erasure. And it does get a wee bit more interesting toward the end (especially the attempt at loveliness that is “John”).
It’s fine. I’m sure someone out there loves it. 
That person is not me. 


No comments: