Monday, August 5, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - Fishbone -Fishbone

Fishbone - Fishbone


#353/989
September 23 1985
Fishbone
Fishbone
Genre: Ska
3.5 out of 5


Highlights:
Ugly
Party at Ground Zero

Is this the first ska record of this journey? I think so. It’s been so long since Specials mattered or Madness played in this idiom that…is this the first record of the 3rd wave of Ska? I thought that was in the 90s with Reel Big Fish and the like. 
No matter. 
This is a welcome return to a fucking great sound. I wanna find a fedora or a porkpie and go dance. 
Did I ever tell you that I’m a pretty damned good East Coast Swing dancer? I am. Took lessons and everything. 
I have a signature move and a signature dip. I’ll tell y’all about it some time. There is time now. This record’s already over…
Damn.
I bet you RHCP heard “Party at Ground Zero” and decided then and there to step it up. 


No comments: