Monday, August 5, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - The June Brides - There Are Eight Million Stories

The June Brides - There Are Eight Million Stories

#366/1002
September 1985
The June Brides
There Are Eight Million Stories
Genre: Indie
3.25 out of 5


There was a great band in the early aughts called The Go! Team. They might still be around, I dunno. Their debut album, Thunder, Lightning Strike was a tour de force of lo-fi mixed with samples, horns, cheers and what sounded like music from a 1970s tv show. 
For some reason (and maybe it’s the horns and the lo-fi here) this album is making me want to go back and listen to that. 
And that’s a problem because I don’t gravitate toward any of the June Brides’ songs, I just want to go to the catchier stuff I mentioned. And others that I can’t quite name right now. 


No comments: