Monday, August 5, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - Gary Numan - The Fury

Gary Numan - The Fury

#364/1000      1000 guys!!!!!
September 1985
Gary Numan
The Fury
Genre: Garbage
2 out of 5


I can’t believe we have listened to 1000 records together. I can’t believe I’ve listened to 1000 records in roughly 7.5 months.
I am so sorry that it comes on this record. 
I have a deep affection for Gary. My biggest teenage crush is the one who turned me on to him. The first 3 records are, in my opinion, masterworks. (well, not the 1st one. Tubeway Army is good but he was still trying to be a punk then) Replicas, Pleasure Principle, Telekon, fantastic. Groundbreaking. Influential. I even liked Dance. But then Gary goes into the wilderness for a long time. And this one is just terrible. Gary’s a follower in the form he invented, which I imagine is difficult. 
I hated this record when I first heard it 10 years ago. I still hate it. 


No comments: