Monday, August 19, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - Aldo Nova - Twitch

Aldo Nova - Twitch



#403/1039
October 22 1985
Aldo Nova
Twitch
Genre: Rock
2.75 out of 5



When I was 9 I remember being told a story about why the Chevy Nova was a poor seller in Mexico. As the story went, no one at Chevy bothered to notice that No-Va translates into “Don’t Go”. 
And I think about that story every single time I hear a song by or read about Aldo Nova. 
Weirdly, I do NOT have the same reaction when watching PBS’s NOVA. Or when any sci-fi movie or tv show mentions a Nova or Supernova. This synaptic response is reserved solely for Aldo. 
Sorry, man. I only have room for one Aldo in my life and that, i guess, is the Canadian shoe store chain, Aldo. Yes, that means that there’s no room for Aldo Ray, either. 

This is mediocre hair pop rock. It wouldn’t be such a bad thing that it sounds like so many other bands of the era but, boy “Long Hot Summer” is such a freaking rip on Don Henley’s “Dirty Laundry” it hurts. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfeouw3_7bs

No comments: