Thursday, August 15, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - The Comsat Angels - 7 Day Weekend

The Comsat Angels - 7 Day Weekend


#386/1022
October 8 1985
The Comsat Angels
7 Day Weekend
Genre: Rock
3.5 out of 5

Highlights:


Listen to that opening track “Believe It” and tell me that there wasn’t some manager promising to get them on the closing credits of a John Hughes type movie. And the rest of the album smacks of that 80s soundtrack sound. I don’t know much about Comsat Angels but I’m not sure this is where they started out. Like Simple Minds, I think they got screwed by someone trying to make a bunch of money. There are signs of life (“You Move Me”, “Close Your Eyes”) but for the most part it’s cold and calculated for the MTV set (“You’re the Heroine”, “I’m Falling”)


Just noticed! The craptastic tune “I’m Falling” was i Real Genius. So…I was correctamundo. 



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vqqFewH7qk

No comments: