Monday, August 5, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - Slayer - Hell Awaits

Slayer - Hell Awaits

#345/981
September 15 1985
Slayer
Hell Awaits
Genre: Thrash Metal
4 out of 5

Highlights:
Praise of Death
Crypts of Eternity

Sorry, I was away for a while. I listened to this record and joined a Satanist cult for a bit. It wasn’t that I wanted to. I was compelled. Maybe that’s not the right word. But “forced” doesn’t seem right, either. “Encouraged”, maybe.

Holy hell, I almost like this more than their debut. I know, I know…fire and demons and shit. But, the construction here is something even more compelling than Show No Mercy. That must be the professional production. 

I know it’s strange but I just like this. I don’t wanna listen to it all the time but, fuck, I really like it. I have to really want to commit to it (weirdly, it’s best for me as background music while I’m doing a menial task). To just pull it up and listen or drive to it or ride my bike…no. But, in my kill room…wait…umm….

Never mind. 



No comments: