Monday, August 19, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - The Cult - Love

The Cult - Love



#398/1034
October 18 1985
The Cult
Love
Genre: Rock
4.25 out of 5

Highlights:
Nirvana
She Sells Sanctuary


Apropos of absolutely nothing, I would often get Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam confused with The Cult. 
Just in my head. I’d get mixed up. Like, I thought The Cult hired Lisa and changed their sound. 

Ok. 

I never listened to The Cult outside of a song that might come on the radio. There were enough INXS and U2 bands out there at this time, with their rhythmic, groovy hard rock. 
I missed out. 

I know I say this a lot but…the 90s started in 1985.

How many times did Jeff Ament and Stone Gossard listen to this record before they started a band of their own? 

This album is a bit long but…it’s delicious.


No comments: