Monday, August 19, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - Anthrax - Spreading the Disease

Anthrax - Spreading the Disease





#410/1045
October 30 1985
Anthrax
Spreading the Disease
5 out of 5

Highlights:
A.I.R.
Lone Justice
Madhouse
SSC/Stand or Fall
Armed and Dangerous
Medusa


I’ve never heard this album before but, man, did I need this after so much boring crap. 

It’s Saturday morning as I listen to this. My wife is on her way to work, teaching at the school where she was a student just a couple years ago. 
My pre-teen daughter is sacked out after two shows at the musical theater camp she’s in.
My 8 year old son has just traipsed out of the shower in his bathrobe (95% autonomous, this kid), eating yogurt and toast and playing on his iPad.
I’ve got coffee to help me after a restless night of weird sleep. There’s dishes in the washer that need to be put away and laundry from yesterday in the dryer. 
The coffee isn’t helping. 
I am just a groggy mess. 
Until this. 

You can just inject “Lone Justice” straight into my veins, man. Screw Green Mountain anything. Fuck Illy. 
Actually, the whole first side. 
This album is relentless.


No comments: