Monday, August 5, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - Roger Daltrey - Under a Raging Moon

Roger Daltrey - Under a Raging Moon


#368/1004
September 1985
Roger Daltrey
Under a Raging Moon
Genre: Rock
2 out of 5




Was “After the Fire” a leftover track from All the Best Cowboys Have Chinese Eyes? It sounds like it, like it was written at the same time as “Stardom in Acton”. And it is a Townshend track. 
As the album went on I couldn’t help but start to feel…resentful. Is this a brand name cash grab? What does Daltrey think he is, some kind of draw unto himself? He’s a shitty singer who has bad taste in music. If I wanted a raspy “singer” in his 40s I’d call Rod Stewart. If I want songs that sound like 3rd rate latter day, exhausted Who, I’d go buy that shitty Who album. 
When Roger warbles “Rebel” he’s so obviously phony.  And the title track…ripping on “Baba O’Reilly” so freaking hard…stahhhhp!
This album is an excuse to drink and do coke on the company’s dime. 



No comments: