Saturday, August 10, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - Running Wild - Branded and Exiled

Running Wild - Branded and Exiled


#378/1014
October 1 1985
Running Wild
Branded and Exiled
Genre: Metal
3.75 out of 5


Highlights:
Marching to Die

So, this is more of the same from a Maiden wannabe band, right? Somehow they managed to make their sophomore album muddier and less appealing than their first, even though I think the songs are…better?
I listen to so many albums that it’s a good thing I have notes and reviews to go back to since I didn’t like the first one by these guys to the point that I wasn’t sure if this was their debut. 
That said, if the production was better, “God of Iron” would probably be a Highlight. 
As this progressed I liked it more and more. Sure, it’s growly Motorhead ripping Iron Maiden wannabe stuff with shitty production but I like that kind of stuff if it’s done well. 



No comments: