Friday, August 30, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - David Cassidy - Romance

David Cassidy - Romance


#431/1066
1985 Housekeeping
David Cassidy
Romance
Genre: Pop
2 out of 5



I’ve told this story a million times but, when I was 6 my dad took me to my first concert. David Cassidy at the Garden State Arts Center. It was outdoors. I stood on the seat. I loved it. I dressed up as David for Halloween. Keith Partridge was my hero. “I Think I Love You”. “I Woke Up in Love This Morning”. I was IN on David Cassidy.
It could be argued that David would’ve been better off following Bobby Sherman off the Teen Idol train and into something like being a paramedic or some other vocation. But he didn’t. And I still tuned in to David Cassidy: Man Undercover. It only lasted one season and that might have been the last I heard of David until he had that one hit on MTV a few years later, which was “Lyin’ To Myself” and you couldn’t get away from it for a week. 
This is harmless pop. Toothless. And achingly dull. But, I give him points for trying and co-writing the songs, although, really, who knows?


No comments: