Thursday, August 15, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - Death in June - Nada!


Death in June - Nada!

#390/1026
October 11 1985
Death in June
Nada!
Genre: Goth
2.25 out of 5

So, remember when I hate Burial?
Yeah. Neither did I. I had to look it up cuz, as this was playing I thought, “This sounds like a band I might’ve heard before and really didn’t like but got good reviews elsewhere and just shows how tastes are different.”
And, sure enough, I had heard them. And I did hate Burial.
And this…well…it’s not entirely the same. It’s not as industrial. It’s but, boy is it mono-droning. And I want so badly to figure out what makes people tune in to this and love it but, aside from dropping Molly and zoning out in some blissed out disco for the Manson Family I can’t tell what that would be. 
I get the sense that Death in June would rather start a religious cult than be in a band. 
Or be the house band for an alternative religion. 



No comments: