Monday, August 5, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - Justin Heyward - Moving Mountains

Justin Heyward - Moving Mountains

#346/982
September 16 1985
Justin Heyward
Moving Mountains
Genre: Rock
3.75 out of 5

Highlights:
One Again
Take Your Chances
Goodbye



The first time I ever went to a record store on a Saturday morning to get tickets to a concert was, if memory serves, for The Moody Blues’ The Voyager. 
I have no idea why we thought this would be something we HAD to go to but we did. I have no memory of the actual show at Madison Square Garden except that, until this record, I recall that I went. 
Unless, and this is entirely possible, I didn’t and this is a false memory. Only John and Jeff know. Or maybe they were part of this fever dream wherein a man believes how 15 year old self went to a concert that he didn’t attend. 
I don’t know.
I had, and sort of adored, In Search of the Lost Chord but not much else by them. I certainly had no idea that there was any Heyward solo records. 
I wouldn’t have pursued them had I known. 
I probably dreamt that concert. 
Now I wish i didn’t even write about it. 
This album is so pleasant I can’t even. It reminds me of all the things I liked about The Moodies with very little of the pretension. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOuY0QN3zn0&list=PL94gOvpr5yt0kjXy47LTneLp7xZ9InUfe


No comments: