Monday, January 14, 2019

The 1983 Listening Post - The Ramones - Subterranean Jungle

The Ramones - Subterranean Jungle

The first Ramones video I ever saw was for "Psycho Therapy". John Seven had recorded it off Night Flight. It was low-fi punk terrific. It was not my first exposure to the boys but it made me really appreciate them more than I had when my younger cousin made me sit and listen to Rocket to Russia.
Flash forward to one day, building sets with Rik Keller at Sacred Fools and I had put a double disc retrospective of The Ramones on. Anthology, I think it was called.
About 20 songs in we all realized just how many Ramones songs are "enough Ramones songs".
It was about 20.
I think The Ramones felt the same way cuz this album has 3 covers and they are hands down the best tracks on this disc, aside from the Ramones-by-numbers "Psycho Therapy".
2/23/1983
The Ramones
Subterranean Jungle
3 Stars
Best Tracks:
Little Bit O' Soul
Psycho Therapy

No comments: