Tuesday, January 15, 2019

The 1983 Listening Post - Moody Blues - The Present

Moody Blues - The Present

August 28, 1983
Moody Blues
The Present
2.5 out of 5
Highlights:
Blue World
Sitting at the Wheel
I *think* I went to see Moody Blues after the Voyager album had that surprise hit. I actually can’t recall. I remember talking about going to see them with my friend, John, but, for the life of me I can’t recall if I went.
That’s sort of Moody Blues for me. I sort of remember their music but it doesn’t really impact me.
I didn’t even know they had put out another album after Long Distance Voyager. What might’ve sounded progressive and cutting edge in 1968 now just sounds like Grandparents rock, the kind of thing you’d hear at The Playboy Club in the Catskills. The thing is, The Moodies know what they’re doing. They are consummate musicians. I wonder if they ever toured with ELO cuz this sounds like Electric Light’s Older Cousin’s Orchestra.

No comments: