Thursday, January 31, 2019

The 1984 Listening Post - Rush - Grace Under Pressure

Rush - Grace Under Pressure


#87
April 12 1984
Rush
Grace Under Pressure
3.75 out of 5


Highlights:
Distant Early Warning
The Body Electric

Fuck, I forgot this was on. It’s literally jabbing into my earholes and I am writing down the names of songs and thinking about…wait…there’s that plastic castle again…
This is a lot like Signals. Bombast and synthesized sounds but nothing for me to really hold on to. I miss the Rush of yore. There’s no doubt that these guys are masters. And they prove it on every songs. I especially like “The Body Electric”. This drummer is ok. I bet he has a future. ;)
I you like Rush, you’ll like most of this. I can’t fault it. It just isn’t as great as I’ve known them to be. I just wish there were…fuck, what’s that called…?

Melodies. This album is bereft of them. 


No comments: