Wednesday, January 30, 2019

The 1984 Listening Post - Agnostic Front - Victim in Pain

Agnostic Front - Victim in Pain


#72
1984 Housekeeping
Agnostic Front
Victim in Pain
4 out of 5


Highlights:
Victim in Pain
United and Strong

My mother would have loved this album. And by “love” I mean, burst into my room, ripped the LP off my turntable and broken it in two, slamming the door on her way out.
And that would be because I would have been blasting this loud enough that it could be heard 2 houses away. 
At 15 minutes, I’m not sure how this can be thought of as an “album” but, they get in, they spit their fury, they get the hell out. And the production isn’t terrible. Not great, but, it’s punk. It’s supposed to sound like it was put together for $1.50. (I know, Black Flag sounds like that, too, but, theirs is significantly worse) and these guys are closer in relation and sound to Suicidal Tendencies and ST is better. We all know that. 
A pretty great example of the Lower East Side NY Punk scene committed to vinyl. (And yes, I am listening to it with 2019 ears and I still like it.)

https://open.spotify.com/album/39hGav62pfB42d5UiqkiPW?si=fIgDw9PpS0WKH_FWM5Tycw

No comments: