Tuesday, January 22, 2019

The 1984 Listening Post - Killdozer - Intellectuals are the Shoeshine Boys of the Ruling Elite

Killdozer - Intellectuals are the Shoeshine Boys of the Ruling Elite


#19
January 1984
Killdozer
Intellectuals are the Shoeshine Boys of the Ruling Elite
3.5 out of 5


Butch Vig produced this. And maybe he needed more time behind the boards cuz this is an awful sounding record. It’s all so smushed down in the mix that it’s difficult for me to get in to any of the tunes. And that’s too bad because I can tell that they are witty and worthwhile punk screeds. They are also very grungy. Damn, I wish this was mastered better. I wanna turn it up. Points off for that. I prefer this singer’s growl to Chris D. from Fleshtones. A growl’s a growl, I know. I just like this one better. And he turns Fogerty’s “Run Through the Jungle” into the horror show soundtrack it deserves to be. 


No comments: