Tuesday, January 15, 2019

The 1983 Listening Post - Alien Sex Fiend - Who's Been Sleeping in My Brain

Alien Sex Fiend - Who's Been Sleeping in My Brain


#257
1983
Alien Sex Fiend
Who’s Been Sleeping in My Brain
2.75 out of 5

Highlights:
I Am a Product

There were signs for Alien Sex Fiend everywhere. The name is cool, I guess. The music sounds like an excuse to have a band called “Alien Sex Fiend”. I’ve never been one for the Cramps-y goth horror sound. (Although I liked 45 Grave quite a bit) This is what Misfits should have sounded like. There’s a healthy dollop of humor in here and drums for days. The whole thing sounds like a 60s monster tv show that’s been colorized.
The ideas are there. The musicianship is there. Something’s missing and I can’t really put my finger on it. The songs…aren’t. That’s what it is. 
It boggles that this band is still around. I bet Dead or Alive were friends with these guys.


No comments: