Tuesday, January 15, 2019

The 1983 Listening Post - Wire Train - In a Chamber

Wire Train - In a Chamber


#245
1983
Wire Train
In a Chamber
4.25 out of 5

Highlights:
I’ll Do You
I Forget It All When I See You
Chamber of Hellos


Where did these guys go? How do we not know of them? How were they not played on every 80s revival show? 
This melodic dream pop was all the vogue at the time and they actually seem to know how to hit all the right notes. I prefer this to a lot of what stuck and hit the charts. The Brooklyn band Nightmare of You probably heard this record a few times before they recorded their excellent 2005 debut album. “I Forget it All” is Modern English’s “I Melt With You” but I’m bored of that song now, so this is a great replacement. 
Side Note: A bunch fo these guys would back up Sheryl Crown with some as part of the Tuesday Night Music Club
I don’t think there’s been an American band who sounds more British from this era. 


No comments: